Thursday, August 5, 2010

Response to Kelsey Scott

Kelsey, after I read you blog, I agree with almost everything you have stated. Now… don’t get me wrong, I cannot wait for President Obama’s term to be up, but the question of weather or not he is a citizen. I know that a lot of people think his birth certificate is fraudulent, but honestly… I think with all of the extensive background checks he had to go through to even run for the Presidency, there is NO WAY he isn’t a US Citizen. Personally, I think that this notion of his birth certificate being fake is just a conspiracy theory! But your blog made me think of the new issue we have about abolishing the “birthright citizenship” policy under that 14th amendment . Many Republicans think that this needs to be abolished because many illegal immigrants cross the border and give birth to their child so that he or she can be considered an American Citizen. I personally agree with this 100%. I think its bogus that someone can be considered a citizen when they are brought into the country illegally and both of their parents are considered illegal, that’s cheating the system and its unfair.

Anyways, I really enjoyed your post and just wanted to let you know you aren’t the only one out there who cant wait till his term is up!! I’m counting down the days

No comments: