Friday, August 13, 2010

Response to Julia

Julia, I completely agree with you 100%. I think that the President Obama’s race played a major role in why he won. The number of African American and young voters sky rocketed in this past election. Voting for Obama seemed to be a fad and trendy thing to do for America’s youth. With the support of many celebrities, many young voters saw this as the popular thing to do without having any knowledge of politics. I think more than anything, Obama was famous more than he was a politician. The only think that I don’t agree on is when you said all he is trying to do is win the next election. In fact, his approval ratings are down right now and he was quoted saying that he is not concerned with approval ratings as long as he is doing the “right thing” when it comes to the health care bill. Personally, I HOPE and think the bill is going to crash and burn…but I wont go into a rant about that. Other than the comment about him trying to win the next election, everything else I completely agree with. In fact, at this point I don’t think he will even win the next election… even my brother and dad who are very Democratic and Obama lovers think he wont win the next election… THANK GOD!

No comments: